CAR ONLY TEST
The following terms shall bear the following meanings in these Booking Conditions:
“Child” means a person under the age of 12 years on the relevant return date of travel;
“Etihad Holidays” “we” or “us” means Etihad Holidays a division of Etihad Airways PJSC a company registered in Abu Dhabi whose principal place of business is at P.O. Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates;
“Force Majeure” means any unusual circumstance beyond our control including but without limitation war or threat of war, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions, industrial dispute, closure of airport or technical difficulties;
“Services” means the hotels, rental cars and other services booked by you or on your behalf with us;
“Lead Name” means the first named customer on any booking;
“Significant Change” has the meaning set out in section 6;
“You” means any customer who is or may be considering the booking of any Service and includes all members of any party who are booking together.
“Breaking Deal” means any Service that contains a fully non-refundable component, such as a hotel, rental car or tour, which makes the entire booking fully non-refundable whereby no changes are permitted after booking confirmation and no refunds are due in case of cancellation.
“Freedom - Flexible Rate” means a Service is changeable and refundable as per these Etihad Holidays booking conditions as outlined in clause 5 below.
Important Note: all Services are available to book separately on our website or through our call centre. That means you can book just your hotel with us or you may decide to book your hotel and rental car with us. Whatever you decide, we will treat each component as a separate booking so that the price charged in total for the booking will always equal the prices charged separately for each individual component. To help you to identify which component you would like to book, prices on our website are listed by component and each component is available to book separately at the same price as it would be if more than one component is booked. Therefore, any booking of multiple components will not be considered a package holiday.
1. The Contract
These booking conditions and other information in all Etihad Holidays’ brochures, price booklets, separate publicity material and our website form the contract between you and us. All Services are subject to availability and these booking conditions. In the event of any conflict between these booking conditions and any of the brochures, price booklets, separate publicity material or our web site, these booking conditions will prevail.
You are recommended to read these booking conditions carefully and in the event that there is anything, which you do not understand, contact Etihad Holidays for clarification.
You need to be aware that these booking conditions contain a limitation of our liability to you and of our obligations in relation to any Services, which you book.
These booking conditions do not govern your contract or affect your rights relating to any third party whose services you may separately purchase and use during your trip.
When you have booked your Services, paid a deposit and we have issued a confirmation or receipt to you and you have accepted these booking conditions, a contract exists between you and us.
The Lead Name guarantees that he or she has full authority to make the booking on behalf of all persons named on the booking and guarantees to pay all sums which are or may become due in relation to such booking.
The purchase and sale of the Services shall take place (or shall be deemed to take place) and come into effect in the UAE, whatever the circumstances of your booking. Notwithstanding any conflict of laws principles, these booking conditions and any contract between you and us shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the federal laws of the UAE, and the Civil Courts of the UAE in Abu Dhabi shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the contract with you or its subject matter or formation (including non- contractual disputes or claims).
In addition to these terms and conditions, the terms and conditions of the supplier shall apply as well.
2. How to Book
A Hotel only and Car only booking can be made online on our website www.etihad.com, or directly with the Etihad Holidays Call Centre via +971 2 599 0700.
Full payment is required at the time of��booking.
Once full payment has been received and we have issued a booking confirmation, Etihad Holidays will issue vouchers for all Services booked. These vouchers must be surrendered by you to the relevant supplier of the Services e.g. hotel or car rental supplier.
4. Booking Price
All our prices are quoted in AED, USD, EUR or GBPO as specified. We will give you a price quote at the time of booking and once you have accepted that price, made full payment and we have issued you with a booking confirmation, we will hold that price additional charges we may pass on to you are those imposed by the UAE or foreign governments, other regulatory bodies and/or hotels and car rental companies.
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold Services at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed bookings.
What your Booking price includes:
- Accommodation, meals (including any bonus offers) where they have been booked and confirmed including all applicable taxes, fees and levies;
- Any other services e.g. Excursions, car rental, transfers etc. where they have been booked and confirmed; and
- Child discounts where they have been booked and confirmed.
What your Booking price does not include:
- Passport, visa and health protection fees;
- Extra beds and Cots unless otherwise specified
- Car seats and food for infants;
- Meals unless otherwise specified;
- Excursions or entrance fees unless otherwise specified;
- Porterage, personal expenditure, tips, laundry, hotel extras;
- Transport unless otherwise specified;
- Any Resort fees and local Municipality taxes payable directly at the hotel
- Travel insurance;
- Other items expressly indicated from time to time.
5. Changes or cancellation by you
If you wish to change your booking after it has been confirmed, the Lead Name should contact Etihad and subject to availability, we will try to meet the request. Cancellation terms will depend on the nature of the services and the type of Services booked.
Standalone Hotel Only and Car Only bookings
for all Standalone Hotel only and Car only bookings, the cancellation policy of the hotel or Rental Car Company will be advised at time of booking. Some rate plans are fully non-refundable, other rate plans can be changed, amended or cancelled free of charge until a specified period of time prior to the booked arrival date. For all changes to standalone Hotel only bookings please refer to the hotel terms and conditions provided at time of booking.
Many suppliers do not permit us to change names or travel dates and impose full cancellation charges.
If this is the case, we will pass these charges on to you, in addition to our administration charges. Some accommodation types, particularly self-catering and hotel rooms with reductions for 3 + people, are priced according to the number of occupants. If fewer people travel than originally booked there will be extra charges to pay, which will be advised to you when you make the changes.
If you or any member of your party wishes to cancel your booking once a booking has been confirmed, the Lead Name must notify Etihad Holidays directly. Supplier cancellation penalties have been advised at time of booking and all cancellation charges you will be required to pay will be calculated on the basis of the date we receive the written notification and the booked departure date and the Services that were purchased. Please note we cannot refund deposits, amendment fees or insurance premiums. We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance which includes cancellation cover.
Cancellation charges vary according to the type of Service booked and certain hotels and products. You will be advised at the time of booking of the relevant cancellation terms and conditions.
Any “Breaking Deal” services are fully non-refundable and no changes are permitted after booking confirmation. Breaking Deal services are clearly identified during the booking process and you will be advised at time of booking if this applies to your reservation.
All “Freedom - Flexible Rate” Services, can be amended or cancelled as per the supplier terms & conditions advised at time of booking.
For all Standalone Hotel only and Car only bookings, the cancellation policy of the hotel or Rental Car Company will be advised at time of booking. Some rate plans are fully non-refundable, other rate plans can be changed, amended or cancelled free of charge until a specified period of time prior to the booked arrival date. For all changes to standalone Hotel only or Car only bookings please refer to the supplier’s terms and conditions provided at time of booking.
6. If we have to change or cancel your booking
We will do our best to deliver all Services as booked. We may occasionally have to make changes and reserve the right to do this at any time.
If we have to make a Significant Change (as defined below) in circumstances where there has been no Force Majeure, we will notify the Lead Name as soon as practically possible and you will have one of three options:
- accepting the changed arrangements;
- transferring to another service offered by us and paying or receiving a refund for any price difference; or
Cancelling your booking and receiving a refund of all monies paid to us (excluding any travel insurance).
Significant Changes are limited to changes involving:
- Your destination area;
- A change of accommodation to a lower star grading;
No refunds will be available on unused Services.
In the event that a refund is owing to you, the refunded payments will be processed by the same payment method used to make the booking initially and to the same payee. The exception for this will be cash payments received by Etihad Holidays for Services, which will be refunded in the form of a cheque to the original payee on presentation of valid identification.
No refund will be given in any circumstances unless original travel documents and invoice are returned to Etihad Holidays.
All refunds will be processed within 21 days of the presentation of the original travel documents and invoice to Etihad Holidays.
8. Our liability to you
- We have a duty to select the suppliers of the Services making up your booking with us with reasonable skill and care. We have no liability to you for the actual provision of the Services, except in cases where it is proved that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused. Therefore, providing we have selected the suppliers/subcontractors with reasonable skill and care, we will have no liability to you for anything that happens during the booking in question or any acts or omissions of the supplier, its employees or agents.
- We will have no liability for any personal injury that arises during your use of the Services, unless any such injury is caused by our negligence. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- The act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected;
- The act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party unconnected with the provision of the Services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
- Unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or
- An event which either we or suppliers could not, even with all due care, have foreseen or forestalled.
- We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this clause in the following ways:
- Loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the applicable excess on your travel insurance policy because you are assumed to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
- Claims not falling under (a) above or involving injury, illness or death: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total.
- Claims in respect of any stay in a hotel: the extent of our liability will in all cases be limited in accordance with any applicable International Conventions, which includes The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements).
- We accept no responsibility for any delays or cancellations or non-availability of any Service due to Force Majeure.
- In rare cases errors may occur when inputting prices into our reservations system or when printing our brochure. We regret that any contract entered into on the basis of an erroneous price will be void. Accordingly, you cannot seek to rely on an erroneous price when booking a Service. In the unlikely event of a booking being made following a systems error we will advise you as soon as possible and offer you the choice of either a cancellation with a full refund or continuing with your arrangements upon payment of the difference in price applicable.
- You should note that the acceptance of any liability on our part in any circumstances is subject to the amount of any claim against Etihad Holidays being reduced by any amount paid to the claimant from time to time for the same claim such as (i) any employee, agent or supplier of Etihad Holidays who is in any way responsible for the death, injury or illness you suffer and / or (ii) under any relevant insurance policy held by the claimant.
- We do not recommend, arrange or endorse any specific medical services or medical service providers. Notwithstanding anything herein, we will not be liable for any damages, claims, injuries, health risks, losses, liabilities, incidental or consequential damages (collectively known as “damages”) whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of, or in connection with, the use or misuse of any medical services received during your trip, whether such damages arise in contract, tort, negligence, equity, statute law, or by way of any other legal theory.
- If we make arrangements for you with any third party to provide any services other than carriage by air, or if we issue a ticket or voucher provided by a third party such as surface transportation, hotel reservations, car rental, or any other activities, in doing so we act only as your agent. We will have no liability to you for any such services we arrange for you unless any loss or damage is caused solely by our gross negligence and in such case our liability shall be subject to clause 8.1(a). The terms and conditions of the third party service provider will apply such conditions are available from us upon request.
- Please note we cannot accept any liability for:
- Any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or
- Any business losses.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our contract with you or where they are not advertised on our website. For example any excursion you book whilst away.
9. Your responsibility
- You must ensure that you and all persons named on your booking have valid passports, any appropriate visas and vaccinations for your chosen destination. We are not liable for any costs, delays or illness resulting from your failure to meet these requirements. Please check with the appropriate tourist board/embassy of the destination you are travelling to prior to departure to ensure you have fulfilled any visa/passport requirements in good time before you depart.
- You are responsible for providing all information to us which we or any supplier, or customs or governmental body may require. This may include information about your name, passport number, nationality, and date of birth, gender, country of residence, travel history, occupation, home address, and point of origin, final destination and address at destination.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any existing medical conditions or disabilities, which may require assistance, are declared to us before you make a booking or, if newly diagnosed, before the date of departure. We can only accept your booking upon the clear understanding that we cannot be liable if any supplier refuses to accept you or any member of your booking if this information is not made known to us at the time of booking. In all circumstances it remains your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to travel and to participate in all of the services and facilities which you have booked and undertaken and also that you have taken the relevant travel and medical insurances. We reserve the right to ask for further medical information from you if you notify a health matter to us and to refuse or cancel your booking in our absolute discretion if, acting reasonably, we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned.
- You are responsible for the behavior of yourself and all persons named on your booking. We or our suppliers reserve the right to refuse your booking or to remove you and/or any member of your booking from any Service if you or any member of your booking is reasonably deemed to behave in a disruptive or dangerous manner. We will make no refund or payment of any costs incurred by you or any member of your booking under these circumstances, and you may face criminal prosecution.
- If you participate in any activity (including any sports, water sports or winter sports) whilst on your trip such participation is at your own risk and it is your own responsibility to obtain the relevant insurance.
- If you receive any medical services whilst on your trip you acknowledge and agree that such services shall be taken at your own risk and it is your own responsibility to consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to your health and well-being.
Adequate travel insurance is a condition of your contract with us. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including cancellation charges, pre-existing medical conditions, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
We plan our holiday arrangements with great care, and in the unlikely event of a complaint about any aspect of your Holiday, it should be reported immediately to the Etihad Holidays’ local representative or to the Etihad Holidays Operations Team (+971 2 599 0700), who will give a priority response to resolve in-resort issues. We make every effort to ensure that your chosen Service runs smoothly but if you do have a problem during your trip, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please contact us by email to email@example.com or phone +971 2 599 0700.
Should the matter not be resolved and you wish to complain further, any complaint must be submitted to us in writing within 30 days of your return to Etihad Holidays, Guest Relations Department, P.O. Box 35566, Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret we cannot entertain claims outside this period.
12. Conditions of Suppliers
The Services which make up your booking are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
13. Force Majeure
We will not be liable for any refunds or compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, adverse weather conditions and all similar events outside of our own or the relevant supplier(s) control. Advice from the Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country will constitute Force Majeure.
Applicable on or after 01 March 2017 until further notice.